Monday, June 13, 2011

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright

Eternal hunger

Courtesy of Goodreads:  Alexander Roman wants nothing to do with those of his vampire breed. Fate places him at the door of Dr. Sara Donohue, who is dedicated to removing patients' traumatic memories. But as their world's collide, Sara and Alexander are bound by something even stronger as one becomes hunter and the other, prey. And Sara's only chance of survival is to surrender to the final-and most unimaginable-desire of her life.

______________________________________________________

I found Laura Wright through the bookish grapevine on Twitter and Facebook a few months ago. Paranormal romance series always peak my interest in one way or another, but what really made me want to read The Mark Of The Vampire series was Ms. Wright herself.  She is very active in conversations with readers and is fun to chat with.  These qualities pushed me to read this series sooner, rather than later.

Moving on to the book itself…

Eternal Hunger is the first book in the Mark of the Vampire Series.  These books focus on the Eternal Order and The Roman brothers-Alexander, Nicholas, and Lucian. 

What I really liked about this book was that it laid the groundwork really well for future stories.  Sometimes the first book in a series can fall short because there is too MUCH or too LITTLE focus on the world we as readers are entering, but this one did a great job of allowing for a great love story, as well as a vivid look into the new world Ms. Wright is creating.

Alexander and Sara were intense.  The tension between the two of them was built beautifully and following them as they attempted to make an impossible situation workwas a bumpy journey.  I wanted them to end up together so badly, I found myself thumbing through to the end to see what happens and then scolding myself for being too impatient. 

The only thing I didn’t love about the book was that it was a little slow for me to get into. It took about 70 pages for me to become invested in the story…but once I got into it, I read it in one sitting. 

I really look forward to reading the second installment, Eternal Kiss, which happens to be next on my TBR list. 

I would give this book four out of five stars.  Laura Wright has struck gold with these Roman boys!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment