Saturday, June 11, 2011

A week in the life…

 I bet everyone is happy it’s finally the weekend!!!  At the end of each week I am going to post a recap of what happened on and off the blog. 

 

This week is easy with regards to “on the blog” because this is when it all began!  I was only able to post one review and that was of the fabulous Thea Harrison’s Dragon Bound!  What a great book…I just can’t speak highly enough of this story!  Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to read ANYTHING new since then and that makes me sad; but I have a few good books planned for the next couple of days.  They are…

1. Eternal Hunger – Laura Wright

2. Eternal Kiss – Laura Wright

3. Born of Shadows – Sherrilyn Kenyon

I am so excited for all of these stories and I plan to review each of them upon completion. 

 

Now onto “off the blog”…

The main reason I had no time to read or post more than I did was because my sister had her first baby on Wednesday night! I am now the proud aunt to a beautiful 8 pound, 2 ounce boy named Tyler and I couldn’t be more thrilled!

Tyler Redford - Birth

How can you not love that face??  He was maybe 12 hours old in the above picture. 

Tyler and Aunt Katie 2

I spent as much time as I could loving and doting on the little guy as you can see.  Being back home and about two hours away from him is a little sad but there will be regular visits back and forth.  I can’t stay away for long!

With all the craziness and fun surrounding the baby, there wasn’t much time to focus elsewhere.  I didn’t get any writing or editing done which I will be sure to get back to…mainly editing. 

With regard to running, there wasn’t much happening on that end either.  Sadly, I hadn’t worked out since last Saturday until this morning but now that life will be getting back to normal, that will also change.  I have a 4 mile race tonight at 6pm and I am hoping for the best.  My endurance has of course taken a hit with the lack of practice lately, but this will be the push I need to re-focus!  Plus…this race is more like a party than a workout.  Apparently there is lots of food, music, and beer served at the finish line so it should be fun! :)  Wish me luck!

That about covers it…I would love to hear what you all did this week?  Any interesting stories to share???

Happy Weekend!

Katie

4 comments:

  1. Oh, congratulations!! You're an aunt! Is he your first nephew (or niece)? He's precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! He is the first on my side of the family so it is a huge deal for me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! Tyler's so sweet! Congrats to you and your family :)
    (and happy reading! look forward to your reviews)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable! sounds like you had a busy, but fabulous week. :)

    ReplyDelete