Saturday, June 18, 2011

A week in the life…

 

Well, this is my second week in the blogging world and I am still enjoying it very much.  I have met so many bloggers online through Twitter and you all are what truly made me want to try this out for myself in the first place.  There is still much to learn, I am trying to get down the art of reviewing to a science but that will take time and lots of practice. 

Moving onto what happened this lovely early summer week…

“On the blog” I completed two reviews and have drafted a third which is scheduled to be posted on Monday.  I read both Mark of the Vampire books by Laura Wright and enjoyed them immensely.  It was nice to start a new paranormal series and I definitely am hanging around impatiently for the third book which will not be released until early 2012.

Next week I am planning for at least two more book reviews and at least one blog post on where I am at in writing/editing my first paranormal young adult book.  The first draft has been complete for some time now but getting back on the ball has been hard for me.  That will change over the next few days.

 

“Off the blog” was less exciting than last week…it’s hard to beat the birth of your first nephew!

I did run a 4 mile race last Saturday evening with an official time of 42 minutes and 20 seconds!  My goal was to finish in 40 minutes or less because I have been training pretty consistently at about a 10 minute mile pace.  Needless to say, I was a little disappointed in the final time at first; but I found the positive side and realized that this was my second best 4 mile race time ever!  Here are a few pics from the race courtesy of my hubby…

Katie, Brooke, Ashley Twilight 4 miler

I’m in the middle of 2 of my good girlfriends before the race…pre sweat and exhaustion…lol

Katie finishing twlight 4 miler

And…here is me finishing the race!  Yay…its over :)

Unfortunately for me, a few days ago I discovered a sort of injury that has me taking some time off from the workouts.  Hopefully it will be a short break of about a week or so…but we will see.  I am already going a little nutty without my gym time.  Who would have thought that something that I used to see as a chore, would be missed so much when taken away.  Overall I feel like a lazy bum and want to get back on the ball already!

I hope you all are having another fantabulous weekend and please tell me all about your week! 

Katie

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great time on the 4-mile! Wish I could even *run* 4 miles...I might could walk it though :)

    My week was a little crazy busy. Similar to you, it's been hard to get back into the groove of writing, but yesterday I think I hit something! Shouldn't be too much longer before the first draft is complete and ready for edits!

    Hope the injury heals quickly and that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda....you could run 4 miles with some practice..I will tell ya...I HATED running when I was younger and only got into it a few years ago...but now it's becoming a fun challenge to try and meet and beat goals! If you like being active...you should totally try it!

    I know what you mean about the writing...once you get out of the groove...it's so hard to get back to it! This week will be different though! I so look forward to hearing more about your book!!! ;)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,

    Thanks for the twitter follow and good luck with your blog! I've been blogging for about a year and it's a ton of fun--lots of really nice people to meet. You look great at the end of your race. When I run I sweat so much I look like I've been swimming! Take care, Jen

    ReplyDelete