Sunday, June 26, 2011

A week in the life…

 

I hope everyone has had a good and productive week!  I am going to be short and sweet with this post since my slacking got the best of me both on and off the blog!

Let’s start with “on the blog”…

I only reviewed two books this week, both of which were not high ranking in my opinion.  Born of Shadows and Dead Reckoning were by two of my favorite authors but they did not hold my attention as well as previous installments for various reasons. 

Next week I am hoping for more excitement and I plan to read and review the following…

1. Nauti and Wild Anthology by Lora Leigh and Jaci Burton

2. Shifting Plains by Jean Johnson

3. Yet to be determined…(there are too many to choose from in my TBR pile!)

In addition to these reviews, I hope to compose one or two random thought posts.  I did one this week about finding time, and really enjoyed venting about issues that bother me as they probably are common among some of you.

 

Off the blog” this week was kind of slow.  I did attend a super fun wedding last Saturday that took place at this beautiful country club. (See pics below)

Kt and David - Jenas wedding

David (hubby) and I out on the balcony, overlooking the Potomac River

Jena's wedding - group

All of our friends hanging out at the reception

Kt and David 2 - Jenas wedding

More drinks at the reception dinner

 

Other than that, the week was fairly quiet.  I am going to plan this week better.  There will be a lot of writing, reading, and running accomplished.  Maybe I will throw some relaxation in the mix as well…depends on how much fun I have doing everything else! :)

Here’s to a great week everyone!  Cheers!

 

Katie

2 comments:

  1. I have been to a wedding at the same exact club!
    However it was the middle of October and pretty dang cold outside that day, and the happy couple insisted on an outdoor wedding. Thankfully the reception was indoors.
    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been there before?? do you live in northern va or were you visiting?

    ReplyDelete