Monday, July 4, 2011

Half Over?

 

It's hard for me to believe that this year is ALREADY halfway done...where did the time go?  I am one of those people that loves to make goals and lists.  I do if for everything and I even do it when it may not be needed, just because I love the act of making a list.  Yes...I am aware this is a bit nutty, but I am also a firm believer that if you don't make goals and write them down then they just become wishes or dreams that don't usually get met.

Every year right before New Years Eve I make a big list of goals for the coming year.  This year was no different in the list making, but I am trying to make it different with the list following.  It's one thing to create a goal and get excited about it, but what happens a few months later when life gets in the way and it's not on the forefront of your mind.  Well this year I have tried to keep my eye on the prize and check back on my list of goals at least once a month and so far I think I am doing pretty well.  With July marking the middle point of the year, I thought it would be a great time to put myself out there and really analyze how I’m doing.

So here goes...In 2011 I want to…

1. Run 400 miles - I am up to 213.25 miles so far this year so I’m right on track.

2. 5k in under 30 minutes - I can totally do this on the treadmill...but the idea here was to clock a race in under 30 mins and I haven't run any 5k's yet....gotta get on that!

3. Read 50 new books (There are a bunch of books I want to re-read too) - I have read 80 new books so far this year!!!!!  Wow!  My new goal is 110...but I have not re-read the ones I wanted to and I plan to get on that during the second half of the year.

4. Submit one of my manuscripts for publication - I am still working on editing...it's slow going but with the help of Melinda from Muse, Rant, Rave, I am going to stay motivated and get to work.

5. Hit 150lbs!!!!!! - I am at 163.4 right now...which is as low as I have been since I was 19 years old.  I still have 13 pounds to go but I WILL get there by December!

6. Do something I am afraid of – Besides the fact that I just told everyone on the internet how much I weigh, which is terrifying…I am also planning a camping trip in October which will definitely be a scary experience.  I hate the idea of sleeping outside with the bugs and the lack of electricity.  This is one of those things where I consider myself high maintenance but I am going to suck it up and give it a shot.  This will be my first camping trip ever and hopefully it ends up being as fun as everyone says!

It looks as if I am pretty much on track for achieving all of these before 2012 hits.  The only one really posing a challenge for me in a big way is the book submission.  I am terrified of failure but I'm working on pushing past it because I can’t succeed or fail without trying!

Alright...so there you have it.  That is probably way more than you wanted to know about me but it felt good to throw it out there.  Now I would love to hear about your goals....how do you come up with them and monitor them?

Hope everyone has a great week!! :)

Katie

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Katie! These are such wonderful goals to have for the year!

    Congrats on staying on track and sticking with it! It's amazing how you've already shattered your reading goal...even more amazing that you're able to run 5k in under 30 minutes. You go girl!!!

    Fear of failure is part of what makes us human. It's not the fear, but how we handle it and how we come out on the other side that truly matters.

    I think you're doing an amazing job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...Melinda you are always too nice to me...hehe...but I do appreciate it. The hard part was posting all of this stuff...I will shatter all of these goals by the end of this year...I feel more determined than ever! :) AND...if for some reason I don't...it will be no reason to stop...gotta keep pushing through...right? :)

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did not know you were writing! how do you find time to do everything?! do you have a time-turner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea girl! I have written...well drafted two books....one YA and one adult romance....now it's just getting the guts to push forward with them! :)

    I am not sure how I find the time....but I never seem to have enough...it would be nice to have even just a few weeks off work and whatnot to focus on this sort of fun stuff!

    That would help with catching up...but likelihood of that is almost ZERO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should start setting more goals for myself! Go you! I hope you meet all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jacinda!! It's fun making goals,,,you should totally sit down and make a list of say 3-5 things you want...and set a specific time...for me it's usually over the course of a year...but everyone is different! It feels so good to check things off what I call the master list!

    ReplyDelete