It's hard for me to believe that this year is ALREADY halfway done...where did the time go? I am one of those people that loves to make goals and lists. I do if for everything and I even do it when it may not be needed, just because I love the act of making a list. Yes...I am aware this is a bit nutty, but I am also a firm believer that if you don't make goals and write them down then they just become wishes or dreams that don't usually get met.
Every year right before New Years Eve I make a big list of goals for the coming year. This year was no different in the list making, but I am trying to make it different with the list following. It's one thing to create a goal and get excited about it, but what happens a few months later when life gets in the way and it's not on the forefront of your mind. Well this year I have tried to keep my eye on the prize and check back on my list of goals at least once a month and so far I think I am doing pretty well. With July marking the middle point of the year, I thought it would be a great time to put myself out there and really analyze how I’m doing.
So here goes...In 2011 I want to…
1. Run 400 miles - I am up to 213.25 miles so far this year so I’m right on track.
2. 5k in under 30 minutes - I can totally do this on the treadmill...but the idea here was to clock a race in under 30 mins and I haven't run any 5k's yet....gotta get on that!
3. Read 50 new books (There are a bunch of books I want to re-read too) - I have read 80 new books so far this year!!!!! Wow! My new goal is 110...but I have not re-read the ones I wanted to and I plan to get on that during the second half of the year.
4. Submit one of my manuscripts for publication - I am still working on editing...it's slow going but with the help of Melinda from Muse, Rant, Rave, I am going to stay motivated and get to work.
5. Hit 150lbs!!!!!! - I am at 163.4 right now...which is as low as I have been since I was 19 years old. I still have 13 pounds to go but I WILL get there by December!
6. Do something I am afraid of – Besides the fact that I just told everyone on the internet how much I weigh, which is terrifying…I am also planning a camping trip in October which will definitely be a scary experience. I hate the idea of sleeping outside with the bugs and the lack of electricity. This is one of those things where I consider myself high maintenance but I am going to suck it up and give it a shot. This will be my first camping trip ever and hopefully it ends up being as fun as everyone says!
It looks as if I am pretty much on track for achieving all of these before 2012 hits. The only one really posing a challenge for me in a big way is the book submission. I am terrified of failure but I'm working on pushing past it because I can’t succeed or fail without trying!
Alright...so there you have it. That is probably way more than you wanted to know about me but it felt good to throw it out there. Now I would love to hear about your goals....how do you come up with them and monitor them?
Hope everyone has a great week!! :)