Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A week (or 2) in the life…

 

Ok…so it seems that I haven’t posted my weekly follow up in over two weeks!  I can’t believe I am such a slacker but here we are…Tuesday and I am finally getting around to my normal life update!

Let’s start with what’s been going on “on the blog” lately…

I reviewed several books that I enjoyed, including my favorite book of the year thus far, Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.  This young adult, heart wrenching, love story was so powerful that it made me remember and think about it for days.  I have been recommending it to everyone I talk to!

I also came upon my first DNF of the year, Shifting Plains, which was one I planned on reviewing two weeks ago but just could not get into it.  Too much world building and not enough of anything else.  It was almost torturous so I had to eventually give up after about 100 pages.  Normally I will push through, but just couldn’t waste my time in this case.

Last week you all were also informed of my annual goals.  That post terrified me because it was very personal and hit close to home but the feedback I have received thus far has been very positive.  I appreciate all of your support and hope that in some way I have been able to rub some ideas or motivation off on others.

I really hope to spend some time reading this week and since I just realized that it has been almost a week since I last read a book, I am way behind!  The plan is to get at least two reviews posted…not sure what I am going to read yet…but I hope it’s fabulous! :)

 

Off the blog” has been insanely busy, which has  become part of the problem with my slacking lately.

Let’s start with 4th of July weekend.  My husband and I spent a lot of time with family and friend’s at BBQ’s.  My sister and her husband came to visit with my nephew and it was really fun to spend time with him again.  I love him more every time I look at him.  Here are a few new pics of him at 3.5 weeks old…

Katie and Tyler

Tyler-3 weeks

Isn’t he the cutest little smooshers ever???!!!! (I might be a little biased)

_____________________________________________________

This past weekend I was at the beach with one of my best friends.  The two of us invade her parent’s beach house in Bethany Beach, DE once a year for about three days and live it up! 

Of all our trips over the past few years, I definitely enjoyed this one the most.  It was wild, crazy, insane, and just plain fun.  We partied like we were 21 years old all weekend, and it felt so good to let loose and be free.  Well…as free as any 30 year old married woman can be.  We met people,  we got free drinks, we ate lots of seafood, we hung out in the sun…the experience was awesome.  By the time Sunday hit I was exhausted, although wished we had at least one more day to hang out by the water.  Here is a picture round up of our time!

KT at Seacrets Lunch at Seacrets in Ocean City

Kt at Seacrets 2 Drinking frozen rum runners in the Chesapeake Bay at Ocean City (still at Seacrets and YES…they let you drink in the water)

Seacrets Here are all the other people drinking in the bay as well. 

Seacrets is the best place at the beach and so much fun during the day.  If you have never been before…you must go…trust me-you won’t regret it  :)

Kt and Nichole at Bethany Beach Nichole and I at the beach the next day…

Rusty Rudder The crowd at the Rusty Rudder in Dewey Beach on our last night.  This place was crazy!!!!

And now I am back at home and at work….it was an amazing three days and I really hope to have some more fun long weekends before the summer ends.  It’s awesome to take a break from reality every once in a while.

Please tell me about all the exciting things you have been up to in the last few weeks?  Any fun plans this coming weekend???

Thanks for reading and have a greattttt week!

Katie

1 comment:

  1. you've had so much going on lately! but it looks like it's been a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete