Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pleasure's Edge by Eve Berlin

Pleasures Edge

Courtesy of Goodreads:  For beautiful erotica author Dylan Ivory, being in control is everything. Then she meets the man who is everything she is not...and everything she wants.

Alec Walker writes dark psychological thrillers-and he lives for thrills. His tastes extend into the bedroom as well, where he lets no rules bind his desires. The only thing he fears is true love...

While researching a book, Dylan interviews Alec-and longs to taste the temptation he offers. But he's a self-proclaimed dominant and she refuses to surrender control. Slowly, Alec shows her that by letting go and submitting to his every desire she can experience the ultimate pleasure. But to keep the woman who for the first time brings him to his knees, can Alec take the ultimate risk and surrender his heart?

_____________________________________________________

I wanted to like this book...I really did.  It just didn't do it for me.  The book has lots of sex, domination, spanking, and such which is expected but the scenes just didn't fly off the page for me.

Dylan is an erotica writer that is looking for someone to give her more insight in the BDSM world for her next book.  Alec is an experienced dominant who offers to give her some first hand insight.  She accepts his proposal although fights tooth and nail with the idea that she is a sub. They end up falling in love and realizing that their infatuation was much more than just research for a book.  It was predictable.

I wasn't a big fan of the sexytimes scenes in this book mainly because most of them read the same to me...there was spanking....not much else except for towards the end.  It got boring for me and unfortunately I skimmed the last 80 pages of the book because I just couldn't get attached to either of the characters.  The dialogue was even mundane which threw me off.

Overall I have to give this book one star...I like reading BDSM erotica, but this one fell flat.

Katie

1 comment:

  1. No fun :(

    Do you have any other recs for this genre? I used to read some fanfiction spin-offs in this genre and I always liked it!

    ReplyDelete